- Gujarat is one of the fastest growing states of the country with consistent GDP growth of nearly 13.50%.
- Liberal policies and congenial environment has attracted large number of corporate giants and multinationals to set up their manufacturing facilities in Gujarat such as TATA, General Motors, Maruti, ABB, Alstom, Panasonic and many more.
- To top it all the power situation of the state is number one in the country with the largest network of delivery of good power around the clock.
- Gujarat has also emerged as the automobile hub of the nation with all the major car, two wheeler manufacturers having their presence in Gujarat.
- Gujarat is the major player in harnessing Solar Energy and is also one of the only states which has Inter river Connectivity. It is also the only state which has a Forensic Laboratory.
- The agriculture development is the highest in the country with the GDP of 10% and more.
SURAT – A JEWEL IN CROWN OF “VIBRANT GUJARAT”
South Gujarat and Surat in particular is a land of entrepreneurs and people with strong vision to grow beyond boundaries with innovation.
- Surat is a Jewel in the Crown of the Vibrant State of Gujarat. It is the Commercial Capital of Gujarat with a Highest GDP in the country, In terms of GDP Contribution from the cities of India, Surat is Ranked as 8th in the total ranking having a GDP of nearly US $ 58 Billion, which is more than many countries of the world.
- As per the Study Conducted by the Oxford Economics, Surat is currently the World’s Fastest Growing City in Terms of its GDP Contribution and Population Growth.
- Surat is also known as India’s “Diamond City” and “Silk City”
- Under Man Made Fibre Textiles, Surat is Competing Directly with China, and has highest in the world Waterjet Machines just next to the count of entire China.
- Surat Contributes to nearly 65% of the production of MMF Textiles in India, it is the only city in India, which has entire supply chain of MMF textile across India.
- National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) has declared Surat as the most prosperous Indian City with the Highest Per Capita Household Income.
- World’s Biggest Diamond Cutting & Polishing Industry and India’s largest Man Made Fabric industry has put Surat on the map of the world.
- Surat is the hub of MSMEs in Gujarat. SITEX 2022 will tap this immense growth potential.
- The Hazira belt about 17 KMS. FROM Surat has the highest investment figure with the presence of many conglomerates like Reliance, L & T, ONGC, ArcelorMittal, NTPC, GAIL, KRIBHCO, SHELL, Ambuja Cement, CAIRN Energy, Adani Port, BPCL, Gujarat Gas Co. Ltd, NIKO and many more at Ankleshwar, Bharuch, Dahej, Navsari, Valsad & Vapi mention worthy corporate.
tEXTILE STRENGTH OF SURAT”
- Total No. of Looms: 6,00,000
- Total No. of Water Jet: 30,000 | Rapier: 25,000
- Total No. of Air Jet: 3,000 | Velvet: 1,500
- Total No. of Process Houses: 350
- Total Embroidery Machines : 1,50,000
- Total Number of Warp Knitting Machines: 1,200
- Total Number of Circular Knitting Machines: 3,500
- Total No. of Textile Shops: 75,000
- Total Yarn Production per Year:10.50 lacs MT
- Total Yarn Sales per year: 115 Billion INR
- Total Fabric Production per year: 13,000 Million Meters
- Appx Sale Value of Fabric produced in a year: 850 Billion INR
- Total Employment in Textile Sector in Surat: 1.5 Million People
- Entrepreneurs in Textile segment in Surat: 1.50 lacs Individual
- % Annual Growth Rate: 10 to 12%
- Synthetic Textile Production at
- Surat (% of India): 65 %